Independent contract of 6 months
Position Summary: HumanRights360 is looking for a lawyer for the pilot street lawyering project that will support homeless people
The lawyer will be embedded in street work groups and will support people that are homeless or live in precarious conditions. Indicatively:
- Social housing rights, welfare services, allowances, and other means of support
- Family support and mediation
- Legal support
- Legal counselling for migrants and refugees (access to asylum etc)
Required qualifications and skills:
- Law Degree and minimum two years of progressive experience in practicing law
- Experience in working with vulnerable groups and willingness to face the challenge of street lawyering
- Lawyers Permission of Work.
- Excellent knowledge of related legislation and procedures.
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility.
- Computer literate & numerate.
- Well organized and efficient.
- Good interpersonal, organizational & communications skills.
- Native in Greek.
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken).
- Good reporting and writing skills
If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by 17/07/20, mentioning in the email subject “HR360_Street Lawyering”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Due to the urgency of recruitment, HumanRights360 reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
HumanRights360 seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.