HumanRights360, since August 2018, started implementing a pilot integration project, entitled “ensuring integration of recognized refugees”. The main goal is to ensure an independent way of life & self-reliance for recognized refugees through the provision of a holistic system of services and daily coaching on all issues related to their integration. The project was structured in such a way, so that during its implementation recognized refugees or/and asylum seekers, who are in the final stage of gaining their asylum status, would be supported to design personal plans and perform all necessary actions to achieve these integration plans in Greece.
Position: Social Worker
Starting Date: June 2019
Status: Full Time
- Position Summary: The Social Worker is expected to assist and address social needs of the beneficiaries, identifies and follows-up cases that require special care; ensure proper case management for beneficiaries or referred beneficiaries while identifying vulnerabilities as to link up eligible cases with support and aid available.
Position within the Organization:
Reports to: Senior Livelihoods officer
Social Services Provision
- Provide comprehensive package of Social Services to PoCs
- Assist PoCs with the process of issuing bureaucratic related documents at public services & escort them, if needed to public services’ premises
- Fill in social intakes & and co-create personal integration development plans
- Specific needs of most vulnerable are identified and addressed
- Provide adequate information on available services and relevant procedures
- Providing F2F counseling
- Ensure referrals internally and externally and follow up on referrals whilst always respecting confidentiality
- Identify particularly vulnerable individuals/groups and facilitate their access to available aid
- Data collect/analyze & Case related info management
- Collaborate other actor in the area (public services, NGOs and INGOs) to link the beneficiary with the services needed
- Organize group activities for beneficiaries aiming to their empowerment
- Promote community engagement through structured activities
Required qualifications & skills
- Social Worker University Degree
- 3 years’ experience as social worker, working in the migrant & refugee context.
- Social Workers Permission of Work
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility.
- Computer literate & numerate.
- Well organized and efficient.
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- Fluency in Greek and English (both written and spoken)
- Field Working Experience at Camps/Temporary Settlement or mobile units serving refugee population
- Familiar with Refugee & Migration Issues (Asylum processes)
- Membership of the Association of Greek Social Workers
- Knowledge of a language spoken by a refugee population (eg Arabic) or another foreign language (eg French).
- Previous work experience with national or international organizations will be highly appreciated.
- Availability of traveling around the working area
If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 13 2019, mentioning in the email subject “HR360_Social Worker Integration Project”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Due to the urgency of recruitment, HumanRights360 reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
HumanRights360 seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.