Purpose and Objectives
The purpose of this Request for Proposal is intended to invite qualified service providers to make a firm offer for the establishment of Frame Agreement for the provision of translation services in the scope of HumanRights360 operations (https://www.humanrights360.org/) in order to assist in the translation of documents from Greek into English and vice- versa.
Translation service providers should provide the highest-level quality translation of documents related to HumanRights360 scope and projects (https://www.humanrights360.org/) from Greek to English and vice-versa.
Translation service providers shall ensure effective and efficient provision of services, while maintaining full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment, management of information and follow up on deadlines and commitments made. Translator services shall be provided following relevant request from HumanRights360.
Contract type: Frame agreement for Translation services (upon request) for one year period, renewable, subject to availability of resources and satisfactory performance. HumanRights360 reserves the right to cancel the agreement for consistently poor or late performance.
Timeframe: up to 3.000 words in three working days, 3.000-6.000 words in five working days, 6.000-10.000 in seven working days from time of receipt, unless agreed otherwise.
- Translate documents related to HumanRights360 scope and projects (https://www.humanrights360.org/) from Greek to English and vice-versa ensuring:
- Complete content accuracy: This entails accurate translation of content, facts and figures, footnotes and endnotes and all relevant terminology and no omissions from the source documents.
- Grammar and style: Translated documents must be written in excellent English language, expression and grammar.
- The contractor must proofread and edit the final translation and ensure that there are no typographical errors;
- The contractor is obligated to work within the required deadlines;
- The contractor should have excellent English and Greek language skills, with special emphasis on mastering Greek and English language and respective terminology;
- Certificate in English or Degree obtained from abroad/English Institution;
- Justification of expertise in the language and related terminology; Samples of previous work will be requested ( 500 words).
Individuals or firms meeting the above requirements, are encouraged to submit the following documents by email to the e-mail address email@example.com with the subject “Provision of Translation Services” no later than 08/03/2021:
(a) An updated capability statement (for firms) or an updated CV (for individuals) with details of referees for both;
(b) Financial Proposal that indicates the price per word in Euro.
(c) Certificate or degree in certified copy;
(d) Justification of expertise in the language and related terminology and 3 samples of previous work of last two years (approx. 500 words)
The bids will be evaluated by an Evaluation Committee consisting of three members of HumanRights360 qualified staff, and the project will be awarded to the most advantageous tender(s).
Objections may be submitted within 3 days from the announcement of the evaluation to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. They will be examined by the Objection Committee consisting of 3 members within 2 working days from the above submission deadline.