The Public Affairs Specialist (PAS) helps maintain and strengthen HumanRights360’s relationships with civil society, government representatives, donors, the media, other relevant stakeholders, and the general public.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Draft formal statements and speeches for an organization’s representatives
- Draft press releases
- Communicate HR360’s activities and the impact they have on society to donors, peer civil society organizations, and the general public through written reports, social media, and other means
- Coordinate and manage HR360’s response to negative events as they occur (crisis management)
- Feed social media channels
- Contribute to the newsletter, the annual report, and other donor reports (all in English)
- Contribute to the planning and overseeing of public events and press conferences
- Create / contribute on a platform for NGOs in Greece and elsewhere
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Minimum five years of experience in public relations, communications, or a similar role in the nonprofit sector
- Excellent writing, editing, public speaking, and general communications skills
- Tact and proven ability to diplomatically engage with all types of stakeholders
- Demonstrated commitment to accountable transparent practices and humanitarian principles
- Experience in media relations and interacting with press
- Experience in planning and managing public events
- Flexibility to adapt to shifting operational contexts, willingness to take initiative
- Language – Fluency in Greek and English
Bachelor’s or Master’s (preferred)’ degree in international relations, political science, social science, communications, journalism, or a related field.
As part of the office team, assist with general administrative duties including hosting visitors, supporting events etc.
If you are interested in applying, please fill send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com by 30/06/2020, mentioning in the email subject “Public Affairs Specialist, HumanRights360”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Due to the urgency of recruitment, HumanRights360 reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
HumanRights360 seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.