HumanRights360 is seeking for a qualified and experienced lawyer to manage legal cases to be followed up and to provide legal counselling and legal representation before the administrative services & before the court a) to recognized refugees or/and applicants for international protection who are awaiting a final decision regarding their migration status and b) to beneficiaries that their asylum claim has not be accepted and/or undocumented population in order to reestablish their legality and to face other challenges in the municipality of Athens.
Starting Date: July 2019
Status: Full Time
Duration: 1 year (with possibility of renewal)
- Provide individual legal counselling & undertake legal cases and legally represent before the court if necessary and depending on the availability of resources; undertake case management in coordination with other team colleagues.
- Assist with the documentation of those who are awaiting a final decision regarding their migration status and/or of those who are trying to gain the reestablishment of their legality.
- Provide legal assistance and liaise with competent authorities to ensure the issuance of personal and other relevant documents to persons of concern (birth certificates, tax numbers, work permits etc).
- Identify protection and other support needs and refer them to respective colleagues or/and other service providers when/where appropriate.
- Deliver legal info sessions on the asylum procedures, civil and social rights, other integration-related issues and the implementation of alternatives to detention in Greece.
- Support legally to integration-related processes (such as opening a business).
- Liaise with other service providers’ onsite and follow referral pathways, upon consent of the beneficiary/ies.
- Keep accurate records and report in a timely manner (internally and externally).
- Identify vulnerabilities and facilitate their access to available aid.
- Maps existing gaps in the national system and works with the Advocacy Officer to press for institutional change.
- Contributing to case assessments for Litigation.
- Law Degree and minimum four years of progressive experience in practicing law, of which at least two years in the field of refugee/migration law and human rights law.
- Lawyers Permission of Work.
- Excellent knowledge of international refugee law, Migration law, Administrative law and Criminal Law.
- Strong knowledge of protection issues & alternatives to detention processes.
- Cross Cultural Awareness and flexibility.
- Computer literate & numerate.
- Well organized and efficient.
- Good interpersonal & communications skills.
- Fluent in Greek and English (both written and spoken).
- Good report writing skills.
- Previous working experience with local or international NGOs will be a
- Previous working experience on detention related issues and migration related issues will be highly appreciated.
- Availability to travel.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16/08/2019, mentioning in the email subject “HR360_ Lawyer”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Due to the urgency of recruitment, HumanRights360 reserves the right to complete the process as soon as the suitable candidate has been identified.
HumanRights360 seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.