Project: Legal aid to Unaccompanied and Separated minors in Evros
Targets: The project aims to motivate Unaccompanied and Separated minors in Evros to exercise their legal and social rights and to ensure access to the protective services. The beneficiaries of the project are Unaccompanied and Separated minors in the RIC of Orestiada/Fylakio, and the Evros region in general, which is an extremely vulnerable group without adequate legal support and alternative protection.
- Provision of legal information and counselling.
- Interview and assessment of cases.
- Referrals to the competent bodies (e.g social services)/other organizations and coordinate with other legal/PSS teams in the field of referrals, if needed.
- Provision of Legal aid and management of all legal documents and procedures.
- Legal representation of Unaccompanied and Separated Minors before first and second instance (where applicable) and/or before administrative courts (where applicable, considering the time-consuming procedures).
- Pursue applicable strategic litigation cases before the Greek and European courts.
- Provision of interpretation services.
Results: Provision of legal aid to Unaccompanied and Separated Minors in Evros
Implementation period: 6 months
The project is implemented through the support of Radcliffe Foundation.