Since August 2018, HumanRights360 is implementing its integration services with the support of the KAHANE foundation. Following the pilot phase (August 2018 – May 2019), the service is now operating in ELAIONAS Open Accommodation and Reception Centre, SKARAMAGKAS Open Accommodation and Reception Centre and in ECHOHub-Athens premises at the city centre. Through an individualized process, the programme aims to empower and enable international protection applicants/holders to become autonomous and enjoy a better quality of life. The main pillars of the social integration strategies are:
- Learn and gain all necessary administration papers (such as Tax registration number)
- To have legal advice, related to their integration process
- Employability counselling and preparation for the labour market
- Psychosocial support, through engaging to community and city life.
- Continuing education pathways
- Referrals to advance their soft and hard skills (such as following language classes or vocational trainings)
- Referrals to other services and parallel support for their life-related current challenges (accommodation, health system, nutrition etc).
Also, the programme aims to:
- Offer advocacy strategies related to integration-related issues
- Promote integration to public and private stakeholders
The project Ensuring Integration of Recognized Refugees is funded by KAHANE Foundation.
Partners to the ECHO Hub – Athens: ECHO100PLUS